Saturday, July 19, 2008

Special (Furniture) Delivery

Yay! Little B's furniture arrived today. Seeing it come into the house tonight made me quite glad that we paid a little extra to have it delivered-- not only for getting it to the house, but getting it upstairs into Little B's room. It looked much bigger once it got into the house than it did when we saw it in the store. Also, thank goodness we opted for the assembly because it came in a bunch of pieces in a big, flat box. I could see the process of putting it together being a multi-hour experience....which they did professionally in about 20 minutes. Plus, they certifed the safety of the crib, which is worth its weight in gold. Afterall, there's something very precious that will be going in there.

For those of you familiar with our house, we've decided to make the blue room at the top of the steps Little B's room. Obviously, Little B won't originally start out there because he'll be on the first floor with us, but eventually he'll/she'll be up there. So, now that the furniture is here, I'm going to start to make into a cozy room. And yes, I'll upload photos as soon as it looks like its comng together a bit!

This will be a fun project for Boomer & I...we have the house to ourselves while Mike, Kevin & Mamma G are out visiting Danny in NYC. I'm really glad they all got to get together at Danny's--that type of quality family time is always a great thing. We've been on the go for a number of weekends, so I opted to stay back. The 3 boys went to a Yankees game on Friday after they all enjoyed a great Italian dinner at home made by their mom. I'm not sure exactly what their plans are for tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it will involve going to Little Italy and getting some phenomenal pizza (okay, I'm a little envious of the pizza-- I can attest that its really yum).

No comments: