Being at the "half way point" is kinda big. Tomorrow, I'll be able to say that I've completed half of this pregnancy term. Its pretty exciting to be halfway there. Some people seem to think that the time has just flown by. In some ways it has gone fast, but in most ways it also seems like its been a long time.
People are telling me that I'm finally beginning to show...although I've felt like I've had a belly for quite some time now. I'm not saying that "said belly" didn't look more like I was consuming a couple extra pints of ice cream because in fact, that's kinda how I would describe it, but I will say that I've felt like I've been showing something (Ben&Jerrys or a Baby-To-Be) for some time now.
So, what does the 20 Week Mark have to offer? Well, I've noticed a couple of things that I'd consider to be "new developments:"
1) My belly is getting hard-- this has really become apparent this week. It felt like a squishy balloon a few weeks ago and now the bump's a solid ball. And when I lay on my back for a second, I'm shocked at how in tact it stays.
2) Little B has some distinct times he/she likes to be awake. And by awake, I mean "active." Forget the so-called "quickening"-- we went right past that into the "underwater ballet" which is now a 5 times daily production at Hotel W. Showings are at 4:15am, 9:30a, 1:45p and 6p & 9p. No joke-- its almost like clockwork. Little B can kick too. So much that for the past 2 nights, I've been awakened by this "performance" at 4a. Nice. I'm a bit sleepy as a result, but it is funny to feel all the movements.
3) Not enough sleepy = cranky me. Hey, where'd the patient, positive and easy-going attitude go? Apparently, out the window if I'm sleep deprived. Look out. Just send me for a nap in the kindest, subtle & most gentile way you can think of. Not only can I be cranky when I'm tired, I can't stand being told that I look exhausted. The thought of me not being able to be a trooper and pull through or function in a normal capacity annoys me. Its probably not as bad as I'm describing, but I have noticed that my threshold for being easy going has lowered a little. I'm working on improving though. Seriously though, I do feel like I value sleep more than I value food right now.
4) Speaking of food, I've been asked a lot if my sickness has gone away. Notice that I no longer put the word "morning" in front of it b/c for me, its never in the AM. Apparently, in 90% of pregnancies this goes away by 16 weeks. Well, you know me--- can't go with the norm. I'm in the other 10% and still have it. I will say that its getting better (less frequent) and I'm getting really good and not letting it slow me down or get in the way of my activities.
5) Now that we're halfway there, I really want to press a fast forward button. I'm so curious to meet this little being. Then again, this really hasn't changed since the very beginning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment