Mike's going to be out of town next weekend, spending some Q-T with his brothers in NYC, so we wanted to do some fun stuff around Cleveland this weeked. Kinda like a "date-weekend," which I'm being told by everyone who has had a little one will be a thing of the past come November.
Needless to say, we did take advantage of being able to just "get up and go" and had a great time. We grabbed lunch and then golfed 18 holes on Saturday afternoon. Despite the rain that did at one point downpour, it was really enjoyable. Actually the rain coold things off considerably. We were just playing for fun, but I also got some pretty decent exercise. See, Mike's drive goes about 150 yards (at a minimum) past mine, so I walk down the fairway hitting my ball along to catch up. Its way better than just sitting in the cart and increases the activity level of 18 holes just a bit, which is nice. Afterwards, we came back, showered and went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant in town, The Pomeroy House. Then back to the house to watch a movie (and hang out with Boom, who isn't always the biggest fan of date weekends as they usually involve us being a way from him for a bit longer than he'd like).
Today, we slept in (I know, sleeping in is soon to be a thing of the past too) and then went to go work out at the gym. I've still (kinda) got it-- and was able to bike 15 miles. Not too shabby. Then we went to grab a bite to some Mexican for lunch, then went grocery shopping real quick on the way home. Once back at the house, we went over to the pool and read for 2 hours or so. Now we're back at the house relaxing with Boomer. Its been really really nice. Don't get too annoyed, we did spend a lot of time on Saturday morning doing yard work and cleaning (and laundry is now in progress), but it was nice to spend time just the two of us.
On a side note, its funny the things I hear all the time regarding what life will be like when Little B arrives...all of which I'm sure I'm sure are true and are shared with the best of intentions, but are still kinda melencholy. I get it, our lives are going to change in a major way-- but that's kinda what we're hoping for as the price of starting our family. I might be in total denial, but I'm not sure we're going to mind paying that price so much. I keep hearing (in no particular order): "enjoy it now," "oh just wait til that changes" and "you're not going to be able to do that anymore" and "get your sleep now, becuase that's gonna stop" etc. Its well meaning advice and I know that we'll find most of it to be 100% true, but does the painting of our future need to be so gloomy? Should a write a post titled "The Obituary to our Social Life" sometime soon? Yes, it will most definitely be an adjustment, but I also believe that it will make us appreciate this time we're having now even more. And when situations arise that allow us to have another weekend like this (now accepting reservations from grandparents, aunts and uncles-- ha~wink wink), I know we'll reallly appreciate those cherished alone times too. But when it all comes down to it, we're kinda looking forward to all the good that a child brings to the world of their parents....even if that goodness comes at 3am. I am fully aware that come 4-5 months from now I'll probably put a post up on this site that totally negates all the "goodness" I'm feeling in this last paragraph...but that's why its fun to write this--- I get to change my mind and speak what's going through my head :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
AMEN to all you wrote Kris :):):)
and yes, i am putting in a reservation.
Nonna G.
"dust go to sleep, i am rocking my baby and babies dont keep! "
:):):)
Nothing could be finer than to be sitting in a rocking chair holding one of God's most amazing miracles. Sign us up.
Momma Jo
Post a Comment