Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm being tested...

This has been quite an unbelievable year. Unbelievable in the fact that we're finally realizing a dream that we've had for quite some time. For us to be able to have a baby is amazing and unbelievable in the good kind of way.

On the other hand, since I've become pregnant, there are some days when the challenges at work are also unbelievable. I'm probably tougher on myself than I need to be and may need to just take a step back and realize that I'm not doing all that bad. Still, I can't help but joke about the Ying & Yang I sometimes experience. Its almost as if a faucet of professional hurdles immediately popped up the minute I started running in this marathon I call pregnancy. I wasn't expecting them to be on the track-- and now it seems like I just can't avoid them. And I'm not a very good jumper. Its almost like I have this sunshine beaming down on me in my personal life-- with a baby on the way, a husband who is my best friend, and fantastic friends and family who are supporting us all the way. But when it comes to work, its like a mini tornado topped with a little black cloud on top that is waiting for me when I walk through the office door sometimes.

One of the traits I'm the most proud of is my ability to be positive, even when facing tough times. I'm gonna keep trying-- even if I am being tested :) I'm not someone who fails or rolls over when times get tough. I might struggle at times, but thats just not how the end of any of my chapters are written. I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding "why" this is happening. Why all the good stuff in my personal world and challenges professionally? I guess its because I'm about to really sit on the eternal seasaw of work/life balance once Little B arrives. So someone's just trying to gie me a glance at how trying juggling all of this can be.

First and foremost, our ability to have a baby trumps everything. I'm so excited about what we've been able to accomplish. I just wish things would let up a bit at work. Go away black cloud, go away! On the bright side, we all know what happens when rain is mixed with sunshine...it produces a rainbow.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are ready to be pampered on Saturday! Can't wait!
Jenn :)

Kris said...

Amen sister! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

That cartoon is so true throughout a lifetime and learning how to manage the phases emotionally is a forever challenging and changing process. And yes, somedays you just need to take a break and pamper. A trip to the hair dresser, a good book, a good cup of coffee, a bit of chocolate, a nap, a visit with friends and,if all else fails, a massage.

Love ya Ms Sunshine!
Momma Jo