Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Doctor for Little B

When I left my doctors appointment on Monday, I was sent home with a To Do List for the first time...



1) Find a pediatrician & get Little B registered as a future patient

2) Complete my hospital pre-registration packet

3) Sign up for some sort of birthing class

4) Call our insurance company to let them know in advance (way in advance) that we'll be delivering a bay in November, get pre-authorized, and find out what they will and will not cover



Granted, these are all things that I've been asked to do prior to my next appointment, so I have a month. But I can't help but think that pre-registering at 5 1/2 months is a bit, well, "premature" (nice play on words, huh?)



Anyway, I did start on our "to dos" and found a terrific pediatric practice. And we're signed up with one of their most reccomended doctors (literally - 3 people suggested the same doctor). Little B will be a patient of Dr. Golanka starting in early December when he/she goes in for his/her two-week checkup. His practice has offices in Strongsville (close to home) and in Brecksville (close to work). They even have office hours on Saturday, which is really nice. And they have "same day sick service," where a child will be seen with an appointment the day you call if they are sick. That's reassuring...none of that "can you come in next week bull." I appreciate that. They have a website with a lot of useful links for parents etc: http://www.kidsinthesun.com/index.htm



Dr Golanka is the second in on the left. He looks a bit like my pediatrician, Dr Athanus, who I rembmer being so nice (and a good doctor). Hopefully Little B will feel the same way in the years to come. This is a big one to check off. I'll get working on the other items later this month :)




No comments: