Last night was the first time Mike actually felt Little B moving around...all over the place actually. It was a really cool experience, as the movements were so pronounced. So mark 7/30 down as quite a milestone. Its somehow validating now that he has felt the baby. Afterall, we're partners in this. I think he now understands why I have trouble sleeping between 11-2am. That's Little B's go time.
It just so happened that we were up watching a movie late last night (I'm usually in bed by 9:30), so by the time we went to bed it was just about 11pm. And as we got comfortable and laid down, Little B's alarm clock went off. "Time to practice my Olympic routine....flips, jabs, kicks, tumbling...that baby's most favorite time to do all of these things. The Karate Kid might be envious of Little B's moves. It doesn't get old for me-- I love knowing that Little B is thriving, even if it is during the time that I should be sleeping. At first, it relaxes me and gives me great peace of mind. So, now Mike has experienced Little B's routine as well-and that means a lot. Mike has felt the baby having hiccups before (the first time was last Saturday morning), but those are smaller movements.
The funny thing is that I think Boomer may have felt Little B's movements recently as well. Here's why....as I mentioned in a previous post, Boomer sometimes likes to sleep between me and my body pillow. True, it kinda defeats the purpose of the body pillow, but hey, its cute that he likes to be so close. He still likes to nestled right in front of me, as snug as he can get. Even though I try to not allow him to start out the night this way, at some point, he usually finds a way to get were he wants to be. Well, one night last week, I think Little B made a movement that Boomer felt. I'm not saying that the baby kicked him, but I am saying that something made the pup jump out of a deep sleep and bolt to the other side of the bed. It was pretty funny. Maybe this was Little B's way of saying "hi."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Even the kicking is reassuring...pitter patter, stomp, stomp, kick.
I wonder what's going on in Little B's mind.
Momma Jo
Post a Comment