Its funny. There are people I see each week who still stare blatently at my belly and say "you're not even showing yet." Still! And they are sooooooooooooooooooooo wrong. Perhaps this the standard "nice" thing to say to women who are pregnant to make them feel good about their body image. But I'm surprised at how often I hear this comment. It does cause me to pop a smile (followed by uncontollable laughter at the validity of the comment). I guess its sweet, but the reality is that I've definitely "popped." And by this point, I should really show, so this is a good development.
So, back to the "when are you going to start showing" comment.... The answer is "at least three weeks ago." I almost wonder if the people making this comment have 20/200 vision. Kidding. In all truthfulness, they are probably just being super polite, and that's great. Or maybe I'm pretty good at camoflauging this bump. Or perhaps its because I get the distinct luxury of seeing whats under my clothes-- and there's definitely something there. Regardless, it makes me chuckle every time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment