Kinda cool-- this is my 112th post since starting this site. All those thoughts-- all stored here for me to recall later, for others to read, and for us to one day share with Little B. When I started writing this, I wasn't sure if it was the best idea. There are a lot of very personal thoughts and emotions in here-- ones that I might not neccessarily put on display. But now that I'm 100+ messages into this, I've very glad I decided to do this. The reality is that it really has been a healthy outlet for me and when I look back at some of the previous writings, I feel like it was just yesterday and remember it clear as can be. This is coming from the same person who routinely drives past her exit on the way home-- that's how well my brain is functioning. My brother calls it "baby brain" and he is so very right! So the fact that I can look back and instantly be there in the moment, although it was 5 1/2 months or more ago, is quite a neat thing.
I find that I am continuously amazed at how one's body almost goes on auto-pilot as it works to develop a baby. I just wonder all the time-- just who's calling the shots to make all of this happen. Seriously, over the past 5 1/2 months, there have been incredible happenings inside Hotel W...I'd like to see the instruction manual because its quite impressive. Who tells my uterus to move my orgnas upward? Who tells the millions of cells in Little B to start forming into organs? How does my body know to start to increase my blood volume (by 40%!) so that when Little B arrives, my body doesn't go into shock? Who tells Little B to start to practice breathing even though it will make him/her hiccup? What makes Little B squirm, swim, clutch his/her fists and kick-- all while his/her muscles are just developing? And furthermore, what makes Little B decide to suck his/her thumb as a soothing mechanism-- even in utero!?!? How does the baby know that they are supposed to develop 2 hands, five fingers, 2 legs, ten toes, a nose, 2 eyes etc? Its truly unreal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well, some people will say that God does that, others can find very scientific explanations.
I believe it is simply a wonderful mistery. An amazing one yes.
Kris, PLEASE, eat some chocolate too, so that little B is aware of the most important fact of life!
;)
nonna G
The miracle of any animal's birth, from the smallest micro-organism to the totally amazing developement of a human is just mind boggling. The opportunities for a mishappening are so numerous...it's just amazing that so many turn out right. This is certainly one of nature's wonders.
Love ya, Momma Jo
Post a Comment