Very very very very very very very exciting day. We had our ultrasound and saw exactly what we wanted to see.... a little fluttering heartbeat going very fast on the screen. Instantaneously, it went from being a blob-o-cells to a baby-to-be...just by seeing the heartbeat for the very first time. I thought ahead of time that I would totally cry when I saw the heart moving on the screen, but I didn't. Instead, I giggled like a 5-year-old. Go figure.
On the way home, I was magneticly pulled towards the Carter's Outlet that is along the highway. I stopped and got some really cute stuffed animals...a duck (shocking), a dog (again, shocking), and a giraffe (surprise). Anyway, they are super cute and will be fun furry friends for this little bundle of baby once they arrive. In the meantime, they can amuse me, which they do quite well. I look at them and just smile.
We realize that there are still many more steps to come, but even my Dr said that this is the biggest obstacle we'll need to hurdle, and we did it. In other exciting news, there is no sign of the other Little B roaming around where they shouldn't be (i.e. no ectopic pregnancy), which is also great. They did a very thorough ultrasound and are confident that there's only one, which I am super happy about...twins would have been great in their own way, but I am so happy that we'll get to have a singleton for our first pregnancy. We've got lots to learn!
We're on track to have a little baby around Thanksgiving. Isn't that just so appropriate?!?! Talk about something to be thankful about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment