There are so many near slip ups that occur just about every day. This is such an exciting time, and as this pregnancy becomes more and more a part of our daily life, it becomes an even harder secret to keep.
Then there are the times when I just wanna blurt out "B/c I'm prenant, that's why I'm....(fill in the blank with any and all possible ends to this statement):
"tired"
"can't thnk straight"
"comotose at my desk"
"don't want to go out after work"
"not able to remember half of the things I'm currently doing"
"don't want to be up past 9pm"...and that's on a good day...mostly its past 8p"
"getting sick....no, people its not an eating disorder I picked up...in fact I'd very much like it to end"
"not calling as much "just to chit chat" b/c I'm petrified that I'm gonna slip up and blurt out something preggers-related"
"burping incognito all day long"
Its just plain hard to keep this a secret. Someone passed by my office door and asked if I was okay. Internally, I freaked for a moment. Yikes! I'm not acting like myself and that needs to stop until we can let this cat (or in my case, "cheetah") out of the bag. Its a major deal--- and we're so excited...I'm exhausted, but more than that, very very very very excited. But the time isn't right yet to share. Something could still go wrong....so we wait for a couple more weeks.
I just can't wait for this no longer to be a secret....especially from those closest to us who may be thinking something's "just not right," but just can't put their finger on it. In due time, I'll help you put your finger on my preggers belly and everything will make a whole lot more sense. Just a couple more weeks :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment