Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Olive, The Grapefruit & The Pot-Bellied Pig

I love reading books on this new-found, life-changing, incredibly unchartered territory called "pregnancy." I'm rather fascinated by what I'm discovering. For example, right now Little B is about the size of an olive and my uterus resembles the size of a grapefruit. Very interesting stuff I must say.

Then, many of these books continue on to go into great detail about how you shouldn't be showing yet at 9 weeks. They flat out say that you really won't be showing at ALL in the 1st trimester. Well, to that I say "B.S." Although my "All Day Sickness" (I'm calling it that b/c morning is actually the ONLY time I feel ok) is in full force, I am most definitely sporting a new thing.... a pot belly. Granted, its a little one, but it is oh-so-there. I don't know if I'd classify it as "showing" or not, but its definitely something worth describing. Because its totally here.

So, the olive's hanging out in the grapefruit all of which are causing the emergence of the pot bellied pig (that would be my belly). Just wanted to get that straight :)

Pig

No comments: