Monday, April 28, 2008

Welcome! The "news" is out!

Now that the news is out, this online journal really gets to come to solid light. See, I've been channeling all my thoughts in here as I've been waiting eagerly to share the good (I mean great) news. Because we kept this so hush-hush, I needed an outlet to express all that was going on.

I kept this blog for many reasons...
1) To remember every detail of this process, as we hope it ends up with an amazing finish that makes Cinderalla's fairytale pale in comparison. I'm kidding, but you catch my drift

2) To one day show our child, so they know exactly how they came to be...and could understand that a very nice woman gave us a gift that allowed us to start a family. We're going to be very open about the donor IVF with he/she about all of this. M & I feel its very important not to keep secrets and to be open about this with our child(ren).

3) To keep those close to us continually updated on our progress. I realize that this is not just a journey for M & I, but also a trip for those close to us. Feel free to check back and see what's going on....as I'm finding out, there are many fun quirks about being preggo. Its fun to share them.

4) Then finally, I'm hoping that someone may stumble upon this site who is undergoing fertility challenges. I want to share hope. I was fortunate to go into this process with a lot of hope (along with some other choice emotions- hah!) but mostly with hope. If just one person finds hope from my writing of our experiences, I'll be incredibly grateful. I know what its like to be willing to do just about anything to start a family...and realize that I'm not alone. So, if you come across this and feel it might help someone else who's in a simliar scenario, I encourage you to share this site with them. Its absolutely amazing what medical advances there have been. I am a firm believer that anything is possible as long as you believe.

Now that the news of this pregnancy is out, this site is open to keep everyone who'd like to be kept up date on the happenings of the Foley Family as we work to grow... 2 adults, one baby on the way, and one very special dog.

I've opened up the ability to post comments to any of the postings that you'd like. Its pretty easy to write them, so feel free if you'd like to do so. Welcome aboard :) No need to feel like you have to read this or post on this-- just wanted those close to us to have the option to do so if you please :)

1 comment:

MammaG said...

Dearest Kris and Michael, this is one of the sweetest, most creative way of expressing your heart to all of us. You are the daughter i never had! And yes blankets are coming, blankets are coming. (One for boomer too)
My love and promise of much pasta to you and Baby Spaghetti.
Love you
Mamma G