Monday, April 28, 2008

The Academy Award Winning Secret "I'm not pregnant act" is now OVER! Yay!

I am so glad that the secret is now out...as this has been such a hard thing to keep to ourselves. Its really hard to act like everything is normal in everyday life when in reality, there are a lot of changes going on. I feel so different-- mostly in good ways, but having to act like I'm not preggers when I truly am, was getting a little tedious. I will not miss the nights of going out and having to pretend to drink when I wasn't or trying to inconspicously run to the bathroom at work when I was about to get sick. Then there's the 5 second delay I've been trying to stick to when talking to people who don't know...petrified that I was gonna slip and say something I wasn't supposed to. We kept this quiet for good reason, but I'm so over being quiet about it!!! I'm eager to hang up my acting cap for a bit.

We told our parents on Friday -- it was pretty neat. The reactions were priceless. We called close friends and the rest of our family members over the weekend--- and their reactions were also wonderfully sweet. Now work knows too. So, now we can just be ourselves and not have to keep up some silly act. I'm not very good at hiding the truth, so looking back, I'm flat out shocked that we could keep this secret for so many weeks.

Its funny, with all the symptoms I've been having so far in this pregnancy, I find it amazing & amusing that it hasn't really hit me until now that we're gonna actually have a baby. I think its because it didn't seem real until we told all of our family and those close to us....that's what makses all of this totally real.


Family

No comments: