I'm totally amazed by the way Little B is changing me. I'm sure anyone who's already a mom could read this statement, laugh a little, and say in your head "Just you wait, Kris, you have NO idea." And they'd be correct, I don't have any idea...but I'll adapt when that comes as best I can.
But for now, I'm talking specifically about the physical changes that are happening to me. I'm sleepy ALL the time. Particularly from 2 in the afternoon until I go to sleep, which is now at about 8:30 or 9pm. This is the girl who pratically used to brag about how I could totally function on 6 1/2 or 7 hour of sleep per night. Not so much anymore. Now I need no less than 9 hours. Go figure.
So that would make me Sleeping Beauty...except for the tiny fact that I don't at all feel like I'm encompassing the "beauty" part. I'm quite a bit bloated and gassy. I don't at all look preggers-- not saying that I'm showing or anything-- I just don't look cute in any of my clothes at the moment. And all of this is still a secret, so I can just imagine the thoughts going through people's heads..."Geez Kris, lay off the junk food." When in fact I am (very unintentionally) laying off a lot of food becuase Little B likes me to see a lot of food twice if you catch my drift. Not nice...but as the books say, a sign of a very healthy pregnancy.
All if this is a transition. I just can't wait for the time when I actually have a belly that looks like there's something other than a double whopper with triple cheese (which I would never eat) in it. But this will happen in due time. I just want wait to let the secret out of the bag and stop pretending like there's nothing going on inside me...when there totally is ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment