My how different an experience it is to actually go into an OB/Gyns office with a happy face on! I've always gone for either the ever-dreaded "annual pap" or the even more dreaded "something is not right with my gilry organs." And, I've never gone to an appointment with my husband right there too.
We had the chance to meet our new OB and I really like him. Thankfully, he comes highly recommended, which is how we found our way to his practice in the first place. He went through our records and took time to get to know us. I knew I would like him (as his patients rave about him) and it was so nice to see exactly why first hand. His office is about 40 minutes from Strongsville, but only about 20 minutes from both of our offices, so that's good. Even though we've been through some very delicate procedures to get here, he 's classifying me as a "low risk pregnancy," which is great news. I'll deliver at Hillcrest Hospital, which is also about 40 minutes away from home. So, fingers crossed that wehn the time comes, baby will give us adequate notice.
I was also really happy to learn that he is present at 95% of his patient's births...which is quite reassuring. He said that circumstances that would cause another doctor from their practice to step in are very rare. That is such a relief-- especially now-a-days when it seems like most practice flat out rotate delivery duties. That may be fine for some, but not me...not if at all possible. I want the Dr checking me along the way to be the one that welcomes me into motherhood. Call me a whimp, but I have to have the trust factor with the doctor who's gonna deliver life out of me.
Something that I totally didn't expect was that they'd do another ultrasound. Mike got to see the heart beating for the first time...it was so cool to watch him watch the screen. I saw such a fond, subtle reflection of pure joy. That's the only way I can describe it. I'm measuring exactly 7 weeks 5 days, which is precisely where I should be based upon the transfer date. So, Nov 19th has officially been listed as my due date.
Our next appt is May 12th...and we'll get an ultasound then too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment