Friday, September 19, 2008

Tomorrow

I am so looking forward to tomorrow-- its my shower here in Cleveland. Four of my very close friends, Amy, Collette, Jenn, & Sharon, have been working together to coordinate-- which is so nice. It'll be a mix of friends from college, work friends, family, and women we've become very close with during our time in Cleveland. My mom's flying out tonight. Collette & Cameron are on their way up as I type. I just talked to a great friend (who was practically my college roomate) and she's going to be able to make it as well. Its like the night before Christmas!!! Aside from our wedding, this will be one of the first times people from all different areas of my life will be together.

As cheesy as it sounds, I'm totally geeked abou this. Its not neccessarily the excitement of opening gifts (which don't get me wrong, I am so appreciative of & can't wait to do) that has me on such an emotional high. What I'm most excited about is spending time with all of these ladies and seeing how much they support me. Some are recent friends who we've become close with in recent years, often spending a lot of fun time together. Others are friends who have seen Mike & I grow together-- and have literally stood by our side from the start. All of them are eager to see us get our little family started. The kind of encouragement and excitement that resonates from all of these ladies (and their significant others as well) is something quite special. I have a hard time explaining-- except to say that the "it takes a whole village..." concept is being felt in full effect and its so wonderful. You can't wrap that kind of sensation or gift up.

I can't thank these ladies enough for hosting and participating in what will for sure be a wonderful shower tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: