Monday, September 1, 2008

Lucky

We just arrived home from Maryland from a wonderful weekend with family. Seeing everyone was great, as its always nice to catch up and spend some quality time together. Whether its playing cornhole, grilling out, teaming up for various card games or competing in Wii...spending time together as a big group is just plain fun. I always come back home from events like this past weekend with the same thought in my head..."we're really quite lucky."

This weekend was no different-- I definitely have that same lucky thought in my head-- its just ten-fold. I'll explain: The 2nd Annual Tucker Family Crabfeast (a tradition passed on from years and years of the Stansfield Family Crabfeast) included a surprising twist. Yes, the crabs were yummy and the company just as wonderful...just like always. This year, after the feasting began, the event magically morphed into a surprise Baby Shower for Little B! The wonderful part is that it involved so many members of my family on the east coast...with special games developed just for the men as well. It was a blast-- I haven't laughed that hard in a long time (or at least since Collette and I golfed last weekend-- that was also a hoot). There was even a cute "cupcake cake" saying "Welcome Little B..." My Mom, Collette and my whole family went all out.

I am blown away by the generosity and support of those around us. Throughout this entire experience, we've felt so comfortably grounded in the excitement we all share for Little B. In every card or conversation, those around us show their elatement with comments like "we're so excited for you," "we couldn't be happier for you," "what an amazing time for such a deserving couple." Its an incredible experience to feel this much positive, supporting energy around us. So, thank you to each of you, especially my parents, who went all out this weekend to celebrate Little B. You truly are special people.

I can't wait for next year's crabfeast-- when Little B will be able to see this type of group get together for his/herself!. I'll work to get photos uploaded this week from the event. Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend with family and friends. What a perfect way to celebrate life and all its goodness. The weather was great, the crabs were spiced just right, the cards were shuffled and dealt, the corn bags were tossed, spirits soared, and the beer poured..fun, fun, fun! :)

And the gathering continues to grow in numbers. Nieces and nephews bring their special friends while others are starting new families. Next year "Little B" will be here and Carrie will be bringing her groom. So much joy!

The party has been put away and only memories remain. As the travelers return home they call to say that they had a wonderful time and that they arrived safely.

And God has blessed us all!