Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Somebody likes to be awake at night...

Friends of mine with children have been saying that there are a lot of things that your body will do to you to help prepare your for parenthood. They continue on by discussing how at some point in the 3rd trimester, the baby will become very active for long periods of time during the night. This is so you can adjust to life sans sleep and are better able to function when you're up every 2 hours or so with a newborn.

They are 100% right. Little B is now my precious Little Night Owl! Its been 3 days in a row now (that constitutes a pattern, right?) where he/she wakes up between 2a-3:30a and just flat out parties. Usually, when Little B moves around, its in short periods of time. These happen frequently, but they typically don't last longer than 15-20 minutes or so. Then its back to sleep.

Starting on Saturday night, and more noticable on Sunday and last night, Little B has eagerly jumped into action in the middle of the night. And when I say constant movement going on in Hotel W, I'm not at all exaggerating. It thought maybe it was because we did eat a lot (including sweets) this weekend...so maybe that triggered all the activity late night. But last night, the same party started up at about 3:15a after a day of low key, regular eating without sweets.

I think we're getting into that stage that'll prepare me for many nights with a new baby. We'll see what happens tonight and throughout the week. I do think that Little B is up to some fun tricks, though. For right now, I'm able to function on about 5 hours of sleep (which I'm getting) as long as I can play catch up big time on the weekends. We'll see how it goes. It is kinda fun to have such an alert and active Little B-- no matter what time he/she decides to show off her/his new, cool moves. I still really enjoy it. We'll see if this holds true as well....

No comments: