Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Another Preggo Perk...

New Shoes. Yes, you heard me right-- being pregnant gives you a medical reason to make purchasing new shoes an actual, real neccessity. Love it!

See, as summer sandals get put aside for fall flats (or in my case, fall shoes with little heels), I noticed a big change in my feet. Wearing sandals and looser shoes all summer hid from me the fact that my footsies were swelling a little bit. I didn't notice it until I put my dress socks on for work yesterday (it was finally too cold for open toed shoes) and surprise-- my feet no longer fit into the more conforming shoe styles found in my closest. Such a shame.

So, as much as I absolutely hated having to do it (do you sense the slick sarcasm?), I forced myself into the shoe store to buy brnad new shoes for Fall. I just hate having to buy cute new shoes a half size larger than what I used to wear, but what's a girl to do? Walk around with aching feet crammed into "too-tight" shoes. No way.

The funny thing is a couple years ago, I was the complete beneficiary of this same preggers phenomenon, as it happened to my friend. Her 7 1/2s no longer fit after she had her second child. So, I got her gently worn shoes-- it was wonderful. Now its time to pay it forward just like she did if these tootsies don't go back to their original form after Little B arrives.

No comments: