I had my doctors appointment this morning-- its always fun to check in on what Little B is up to, which is why I really like going to get checked out.
Turns out everything is going well... Little B's hearbeat is strong and said child still really likes to show off for the doctor by making all sorts of movements during visits. We may have a real ham here. My belly is measuring 30 centimeters...which correlates perfectly with being 30 weeks along, so that's also really good. I guess the measurements from top to bottom of the uterus are supposed to start to match up closely with the week of gestation you're on starting in the 3rd trimester. My blood pressure is still low-- 98 over 65, and they're happy about that as sometimes it can rise rapidly in the last months of pregnancy. As far as weight, I've gained about 14 lbs, which they're also happy about. From here on out I should be gaining about a pound a week (and a 1/2 lb is pure baby, who's in big time bulk up mode). So everything is on track.
I mentioned the amount of those silly Braxton Hicks contractions I've been getting during the appointment. They sometimes come in clusters-- upto 8-10 an hour, which is a significant amount. My doctor ran a couple of extra blood tests just to see if anything was out of line and there are no signs of an abnormalities or early labor triggers, so we're all good. He's not concerned at all.
We did discuss the possibility of a C-Section a little bit. As we've known for awhile, I do have a slightly higher liklihood of requiring a C-Section due to my surgery and internal incisions from 6 years ago. As of now, however, everything is holding up very well. And b/c my weight gain has not gotten out of control, he feels its looking less likely. He joked that it might be more likely that the baby's desire to move around all over the place could cause us to do a C-Section (i.e. Little B getting "stuck" in the wrong position once he or she gets bigger) than the surgery! That's funny!
I'm now at the point where I'll be having doctors appointments every two weeks. Exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad the office visit went well and that there is nothing big to be concerned about. You really have managed the summer heat and humidity well and that is almost behind you. Every movement gets bigger and stronger as baby gets bigger and stronger. Just take care of yourself and baby will follow.
You certainly look great!
Love ya, Momma Jo
Post a Comment