Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shower Time!

When my niece, Cameron, found out she was invited to my baby shower, she was quite curious as to what we'd be doing at this party. She mentioned to Collette "Oh, so we'll go up and give Aunt Kris's baby a shower? The baby will be there by then, right? I thought babies took baths, not showers." Again, I love the way Cameron sees the world.

Today's shower was a whole lot of fun. Family and friends traveled from Maryland, Cincinnati & Columbus to make it a special day. They were joined by pals from NE Ohio-- and together, this group made one heck of a party.

From fun games, to delicious foods, to great "hang out" time....the event was just as perfect as could be. Even the weather couldn't have been better. I can't get over the generiosity of the gifts. My Jeep looked like a sleigh on the way home. My mom and often glanced towards the back of my SUV-- and all we could see were baby presents. Unreal! We just laughed-- and she kept telling me what nice friends I had. I couldn't agree more! What an absolutely terrific day.

While we were at the shower, Mike's brother, Kevin, & one of our friends, Neal, had some quality "guy time" while watching the Buckeyes play. When we all arrived back home, Mike was quite amazed by the "sleigh" as well. He repeated what my mom was saying on the ride home....that we're so lucky to have the great friends that we do. Is there an echo? I'll say it a third time-- we ARE quite fortunate. We unloaded them and headed over to our neighborhood block party, which was also today. Somehow, I had planned to take a nap before dinner, but that didn't happen. Our block party is a lot of fun-- and we have some of the nicest neighbors. Its always nice to catch up with them at our street party. And so we did. And as always, I'm glad we got to see everyone.

Then, it was off to Little Italy for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, La Tratorria on the Hill. It was quite a Saturday....one that I'll remember forever. One of my friends took a ton of pictures-- I know she'll load them online real soon and then I'll be sure to post them on the site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the shower was a blast. It was so much fun to actually meet so many of Kris' co-workers that she talks so much about and to see so many of her friends...some of whom I had not seen since her wedding. They've grown into such gracious young ladies. And everyone was so thoughtful. Living in Maryland, it is reassuring to us to know that Kris and Mike have so many friends they can count on. Just loved the entire day.