Friday, August 29, 2008

Travel Time!

There's a bunch of traveling going on this weekend...even international travelling! Mike's mom, Mamma G (soon to be Nona G), is heading home to Italy to spend some time with her family-- Safe Travels!!! We'll miss you-- please tell everyone in Naples we say hello! Looking forward to seeing you in October when you're back.

As for domestic travel- Mike & I (along with our fearless four-legged navigator, Boomer) will be heading to spend time with my family in Maryland. So excited! Every year since I can remember, my mom's family has a big Chesapeake Bay Steamed Crab Feast. Its grown over the years to include lots of extended family and dear friends. Last year, it moved from my grandparents home to my parents. Its one of those "staple" events that you just look forward to in the late summer.

You can count on seeing wonderful people, catching up, and just having an all around great time. Its a time when even the die-hard Steelers, Raven, Browns & Bengals fan representatives from our family can set aside our football differences and break bread (or should I say "snap crab legs") together. I'm kidding, we get along really well all the time-- its just fun to bring up footballl, as we've got the entire AFC North covered and each are pretty passionate.

Anyway, I digress...We made a trip out east around the July 4th weekend and got to see a lot of my family--but not for long enough. ..then again, can you ever get enough time together with your family!?!?! This weekend we'll have more time with them (and more family to visit with) so I'm really excited. I had a hard time sleeping last night...as did Little B...but I'm not sure which came first--- me being up or baby being up? I think what I'm saying is that we're excited. My belly has definitely changed since early July. Mom won't be able to tell me I don't look pregnant this time for sure (or I'll take her to her opthamologist as ask for a refund on her classes-- wink wink!).

I'm sure we'll come back with lots of photos (and a full belly from all the great food). The crab feast may be one day that I actually do eat for two-- its my favorite food in the whole world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn, doesn't that crab look mmmmmmm good!!!!

See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kris, Mike, Boomer and little bambino,
this is Nonna Gianna from Napoli, Italia, and i am sending a big helloand a kiss. Bulk up nicely!
More later....
Nonna Gianna