Every week when I write this development update, I'm blown away by the fact that we're moving along so well during this pregnancy. It seems like for the longest time, it was going so slow. That was mostly because in the beginning, it was such a secret (one that was so hard to keep to ourselves). Later it seemed slow b/c everyone kept telling me "you totally don't look pregnant." Indeed they were right--for a long time, I didn't appear to be showing (but I assure you, I was sure noticing).
Now, I've got quite the bump going on-- and it all seems very real...and moving really fast. This week marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester. My oh my-- in about 12 weeks, Little B should be making his/her grand entrance-- that's exciting! We're starting the home stretch. According to the Mayo Clinic, here's what's happening inside Hotel W this week:
1) Baby's eyes begin to open and close this week. And by now, Little B's eye color has been determined. So that's kinda neat.
2) Little B is now sleeping in shorter segments, usually around 20 to 30 minutes at a time. Then he/she will wake up (if even for just a moment) and then settle back into a slumber. This is also when they start to develop more regular sleep segments
3) Baby has also been putting on some weight. I think this is why I've been craving milk so much. According to averages, Little B should weigh a little more than 2.5 lbs be about 15 inches long. However, we know from my last ultrasound that Little B was already measuring this long at the beginning of last week. So, its probable that he/she's a bit bigger.
As for me, I have definitely noticed changes. The biggest one is how Little B shifts up into my rib cage when I sit. Not the best feeling in the world, but also not the worst. I'm convinced this little guy/girl throroughly enjoys stretching. I say this b/c there are times when I'll feel Little B in my ribs while I'm simultaneiously getting kicked real low. That's not the most confortable of sequences (to say the least). It is good to feel all the movement though. Little B's getting big!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment