We are spending the weekend in Columbus with Kevin & Collette, which is always fun. Today has been a jammed packed day, as I knew it would be. The four of us participated in a golf outing in memory of a close family friend's son. It was quite an event-- I am so impressed with the spirit and strengths of the Feuchts. They put on an amazing event for their son's charity-- in its first year, they had 140 glofers and more than 200 for the dinner/silent auction. It was great to be there to support our friends and spend time with great all-around people.What really made this day special is that it was a celebration of life-- and what's really important in every day. The foundation for Jarret is rasining money to benefit the art and music programs at his elementary school, as this young person's legacy lives on through the kind acts of his family. What a special thing to be a part of-- both now and way into the future. Days like this put everything into perspective.
We played 18 holes in 94 degree heat. In a word, impressive. All I wanted to do was be able to play through the whole course--- and I did :) I'll admit that by 10pm, I was exhausted and I've never been happier to get off a golf course, but we had a great time-- for a great cause. I think I drank 10 bottles of water-- and if I'm exaggerating, its on the low end not the high side. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be asleep before I hit the "publish button" on this post. Falling to sleep won't be a problem at all :)
Nighty night!

No comments:
Post a Comment