All along, people have been asking me if I miss anything that I can't have while being preggers. Truthfully, I really haven't...until very recently....and its an odd item to miss, but, boy do I! Its my Clarinex.
I thought I was fancy-free from allergies becasuse I usually get really bad seasonal ones in Spring & Fall. Well, this Spring was a breeze. Literally the first time in years that I didn't get a single sinus infection. I had heard that sometimes pregnancy hormones could do this, so I was singing Little B's praises for ridding me of them. On Saturday, they crept back with a vengance. Granted, we were outside all day, but its was as if someone flipped a switch and out came my allergies.
In the past, the only thing that has worked is Clarinex. And I can't take it. I really miss it. More than Diet Pepsi, a nice glass of red wine, and sushi....combined. I can take Sudafed, which I ended up having to do on Sunday, but it really knocked me out. Although its said to be completely safe for pregnant women to take, I also noticed that is knocked the baby out too. Within an hour of taking it, my very active inner-acrobat was also in a slumber, that lasted most of the day. I just didn't like the thought of that, so I've avoided since I took it on Sunday.
Now I make Sneezey from the Seven Dwarfs look like an amateur. And poor Mike said that I snored last night, so I must have been really congested cause I haven't done that in a long time. I miss my Clarinex :) So, now I'm rooting for the first frost-- yikes-- its August and I live in Cleveland, what am I doing looking forward to that?!?!? Scratch that-- here's to lots of rain instead to keep the pollen in line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I finally have my internet back...I've missed reading your blog.
Frost will come soon enough...hang in there,,,and we really don't want too much rain this Labor Day weekend, especially Sunday.
Can't wait to see you then!!!
Hi*
sorry about the allergy returning....... may want to try to flush your nose with salty water. I am not kidding. Just read it in a newspaper today and it does the trick. You poru warm salty water in one nostril with your head tilted and it will come out the other with "stuff" ...
Wow, 29 weeks!!!! Time goes fast now...
Love
Mamma G
Hey Kris - Love this sight
As far as your allergies the saline flush is called a neddy bod THEY WORK GREAT you can buy them at any drug store
You know me and it has been a godsend. Try it you'll love it.
You look Wonderful
love ya , Aunt Suzi
Post a Comment