Thursday, August 28, 2008

Little B @ 29 Weeks

I know I keep saying this, but I'm gonna say it again...WOW! Here's what's happening inside Hotel W this week. Only 11 weeks (or so) to go!!!

- Little B's bones are fully developed. Granted, they're still soft and pliable. Starting at this point the baby will start to absorb & store iron, calcium and phosphorus. Is that why I can't get drink enough milk and have really fallen in love with frozen yogurt. By the way, there are times when I look at my belly and actually see the baby move. Wild. Must be those bones.

- Baby is in bulk-up mode, gaining about a half a pound a week right now. Trust me, I totally see this happening. The bump is growing by leaps and bounds. So, that's good for Little B, who apparently runs to the pantry without me knowing and chows on Wheaties.

- Little B is increasingly aware (and responsive) to changes in his/her environment. For example, he/she becomes much more sensitve to light and motion. I will admit that sometimes I do try to lightly tickle-tap areas of my belly-- and Little B responds by moving around. Its a fun little game we play every now and then. Its like Little B Morse Code! I love it!!!

As for length right now, I'm not quite sure. The last ultrasound I had a few weeks ago (at 25-26 weeks) showed that Little B was longer than the average length/weight for this week. So, not sure what he/she is at in measurement right now.

No comments: