Our pals, Scott & Sarah, came into town and we had a great weekend. On Friday, we went out to dinner at a new restaurant in town and then chilled on the patio for awhile. Saturday began with a steam for Mike & Scott and a trip to Target for Sarah and me--- I'd say each outing was equally therapeutic :) Ha!
Then, we grabbed breakfast and took it back to the house. Then, Mike & I headed over to Hannah's first birthday party at our friend's, Andy & Jenn's, house. What a cute girl. Seriously, I can't believe that she just turned a year old. It seems like just yesterday we got the call from Andy that Hannah arrived. I just can't wait for some time to pass so we can watch Hannah & Little B playing together. They'll be about 16 months apart in age-- it should be fun.
After her party, Scott, Sarah, Mike & I headed downtow to Jacob's Field (I refuse to call it Progressive Field-- just doesn't sound right). Prior to the game, we popped into the Thirsty Parrot and hung out on their deck for a little bit. The weather was just about as perfect as can be. It was a close game, but the Indians lost (which was a bummer b/c Scott's a big fan), but we still had fun.
Afterwards, we took them over to what may be Cleveland's best kept secret---Sunset Grill & Whiskey Island Park. Not only is it adjacent to a marina on Lake Erie, but its this wide open space, nestled right off the shoreway. Its wild that this is just minutes from downtown. There, we met up with our friends Neal & Tara, who were hanging out with a bunch of their friends. We played cornhole, watched the sunset, and then headed over to the Sunset Grill. This place is just pure, laid back fun. Its this basic restaurant/pub, with a bunch of outdoor picnic tables that are set up all over the place. There's a bit of a tropical feel to the place and its right along the lake. The food is basic & good...but what really makes it special is the bands they have playing outdoor on the weekends. Its like Key West North! We had a blast! (p.s. the Coors Light in the photo is surely not mine--it was my new standard rootbeer for me)
Its always fun when good friends come to visit-- and this weekend was no different. I know we'll be slowing down a lot later this Fall (and winter and spring)....I'm saying all of this with a smile on face, as we're looking forward to this as well.
Going to sleep now-- for the next day or so-- I'm kidding! Maybe, just maybe, Little B will grow to like being on the go too as she/he gets older! That would be nice! No matter what it will be nice to have Little B with us later this year. Less than 90 days to go. Wow!

No comments:
Post a Comment