Well, I can add on to the limited list of "nice positives" from yesterday....I got a call from my doctor's office and no gestational diabetes for me. Yippie! Me and Little B beat the Orange Goo. Its terrific news!!!
My doctor thinks that having me bulk up my sugar & carb intake 3 days prior to the test made the difference-- so my body (that's not used to consuming a lot of sugar etc) wasn't completely shocked when I drank the orange goo. So, this turned out just great.
Oh, and the headache / stomache ache / inability to do anything productive with my brain issues I was experiencing yesterday are also went away around 7p last night. Ah, its nice to be back to myself!
One thing I forgot to mention yesterday when I wrote (again, my brain was pretty much mush) was that they did do a quick portable ultrasound scan before they started my second test. The reason was just to take a peak to be sure that Little B wasn't stressing out from the excessive sugar (since clearly I was). So I got to get a quick look as baby. All is well inside Hotel W. I didn't get any photo printouts-- as it was a small portable machine, but seeing Little B was great
I didn't see anything that would give away the gender, which is good, as we do still want that to be a surprise. I did, however, get an estimate of the baby's length and weight. All I have to say is oh my. Technically, using my original due date, I would have been in my 25th week, where the "normal" size of a baby is 12.2 inches from head to heel with an average weight of 1.4 lbs. Um, Little B measured 14.8 inches from head to heel and had an estimated weight of 2.1 lbs. For comparison sake, thats what the average baby weighs at the end of 28 weeks. WOW. Apparently, I've been eating a box a Wheaties every day and not realizing it.
With this info-- and the fact that Little B grew as an embryo for 6 days prior to being transferred into Hotel W, my doctor has "officially" moved up my due date 6 days from 11/19 to 11/13. In fact, he won't let me go past the 19th and expects a delivery window of sometime between 11/5-11/19. I'm all about meeting a full grown Little B a little earlier than expected, as long as baby is ready.
Now, I'm oing to pick out an outfit for Little B to wear on Thanksgiving :) Thankfully, we should be home before then....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bless the baby and thank the Lord...that's one less battle for Little B to fight. Another beautiful sign. Orange Goo or not, it's still wonderful that so much is known about bringing up baby and how to test for, ward off and treat so many classic cases before they even exist.
Little B's peapod is really moving across the screen. That little visual is so exciting to watch.
Love ya
Yes, we are receiveing many blessings. This baby is OLYMPIC MATERIAL. in what i dont know.........
And mom too.........
99 bottles of apples juice to go....
love u
mamma G
Post a Comment