One of my favorite Police songs is "Wrapped Around Your Finger." When you change up the lyrics just a tad, you can make the song "Baby will be wrapped around your belly," which is appropriate for 2 reasons:
First, Little B totally has me wrapped around his/her finger--- and then some. Speaking of Little B's finger---he/she now has finger and toenails, just added this week! Pretty impressive. Anyways, I'm very into this little being. I think about Little B all the time, especially when I'm trying to fall asleep at night. Sometimes I try to really concentrate to see if I can feel this tiny being move. But I'm not sure if I can yet. Occasionally, I think I do, only to realize that it was most likely my pulse and not fluttering. I promise to make a big announcement when I do have confirmed and undeniable movement from Little B. In the meantime, I just relish in the thought that there's a little baby-to-be with me at all times. Its very comforting to think about.
And then, there's the other meaning to these lyrics--the literal one: This baby appears to be wrapped around my belly! I'm not kidding-- I think I'm showing more on my sides and back than I am in my front. No joke.
So baby must be wrapped around my belly, both literally and figuratively.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
mamma/nonna G says :
this baby is going to need 30 fingers or more to have enough to have people wrapped up around his fingers.
I reserve the index finger of his rigfht hand!
Love
Nonna G.
Post a Comment