Monday, June 23, 2008

Maybe we won't get the convertible...


Ha! If I had made the above comment last year, you would have thought I was talking about buying a car. But nope, now we're talking about cribs of the convertible variety. The convertible car will have to wait until my mid life crisis mobile is needed when Little B leaves for college!

Thanks for the emails I've gotten so far on the subject of convertibles (cribs) and whether or not to splurge on really nice furniture of opt for solid, but not "bank breaking" nursery fixins (If you have a perspective you'd like to share, kindly do so-- I'd love to get some insight on this).

Anywho, back to the crib. I'm hearing that these things tend to get beat up and even chewed. See, this is something that a mom-to-be-virgin (ha, consider the irony in that title) would never think of. And I'm so glad that its being pointed out to me. Yes, I'm aware that I have lots to learn....LOTS! We were all worried about Boomer surviving the transition-- maybe we should worry abot ME surviving it with my plethora of parenting experience!?!?! How could Little B possible wreak havoc on his/her cib? Very easily I'm now learning!

So, now "me mind might be changing." Maybe we get a cool dresser & book shelf that we'll want Little B to to keep for awhile but a more moderate crib. Then once the crib (of the non-convertible variety) is outgrown, we'll get a headboard and footboard that matches the dresser etc as best as possible. That sounds like a plan.

We did order some accessories for Little B's room, that will help us determine color choices and themes etc. Its gonna be animals (shocking, I know)--- and its kinda fun and a bit funky-- but neutral. Of course, the sets come with crib bumpers & a little comforter, which won't be placed into the crib until Little B is a bit older, but they all came together. As for why the bumper and comforter won't immediately enter the crib--- its for safety precautions (to be sure the baby doesn't get caught up in anything that can restrict breathing). See, I did read that in my books. Maybe I won't be doomed :) Kidding! Anyway, here are some pictures of the cute stuff we ordered. Now, if I could just find the right furniture to put it in.....


Now I have a blueprint for what the blue room will look like once its converted into Little B's room! I'm pretty excited. The color of the room is a "Naples" blue, which is very close to the color of the circle with the Gifaffe in it. And I'm a big fan that blue/brown color combination. By no means did we order all of the stuff in this picture, but some of them come in the set we purchased. Maybe at some point, we'll add additional items. Not the wallpaper though-- even though its a border, wallapaper is our arch enemy. Ha! But for now, its a cute start.


Photobucket




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So a non-convertible it is...

The animals are really cute and will be perfect in the blue room. So what part of this set did you purchase? Where can I find it on the innernet?

So now that these decisions are made have you signed "B" up for childcare and have you researched a pediatrician? ...boy did I luck into Dr. Athanus for you kids.

Love ya, Momma Jo