Wednesday, June 11, 2008

17 Weeks in Hotel W

Tomorrow, we'll start the 18th week of this pregnancy. As much as it seemed like the first weeks took years, I will say that the last couple ones have seemed to fly by. I think its partially because now the news is completely out (900 lb gorilla off my back) and that I'm getting used to this....oh, and so far, the 2nd trimester is WAY better than the 1st one.

Since we're entering a new week, its time to chat about what's going on this week in Hotel W (where W stands for Womb). So here's what Little B is up to...

- Hearing: Little B's ears should be in their final position now, meaning that they are really able to start hearing sounds. Experts are sure if a baby at 17 wks can differentiate voices, but it is clear that this is when Little B can start to hear my hearbeat and my stomache rumble when I'm a bit hungry

- Bones: Little B's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone. So I'm all over getting extra calcium

- Activity: As the baby's starts to learn how to move its muscles, movement really kicks up (pun intended). By nature, babies are playful beings-- and according to the books I'm reading, this playfulness starts right about now.

Pretty cool stuff. Feeling Little B Move (and being able to differentiate movements from stomache bubbles) is a pretty neat thing.

That's what's happening inside Hotel W as we head into week 18. Little B, I truly hope that you are enjoying your stay and that you find the accomodations to your liking!
Hotel Icon

No comments: