Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Thing I Crave

Believe it or not, its not food, well not exactly food. Everyone keeps asking me "so what foods are you craving?" Truth be told, I'm really not craving any food. The traditional pregnancy splurges like ice cream and french fries are unusually distasteful for me. I will say that I do really like Italian food, but that's really all.....until I met the most wonderful treat this past weekend....and have continued to have one a day since.

This thing I crave does have strawberries in it, but its a drink we've concocted (and by the phrase "we" I really mean my friend, Sharon....its really her creation). Call it a "mocktail" - it seriously is the most refreshing drink I think I've had in a long time.

Its a Strawberry Lemonade Mocktail...and its simple to make. Chop up 4-5 strawberries into little pieces. Fill a glass 1/3 with chrushed ice and put the strawberries on top. Then fill the glass up 3/4 of the way to the top with lemonade and then top it off with diet tonic water. Stir and enjoy. I absolutely love it-- refreshing and yummy.

Oh, and for those without a Little B in the belly, I'd imagine that this mocktail could easily be converted into quite the cocktail with vodka added in. Talk to me about that next summer. But for now, even the mocktail version is a little piece of heaven. Oh- and its also good with some watermelon chopped up too. Enjoy! That's what a crave :)

Strawberry & Watermelon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And strawberries have more vitamin C than orange juice...I'll have to try one.

M...Jo

Anonymous said...

Hey, this drink sounds very good. ANd i just bought a blender a few weeks ago!!!

Finally read the last few entries... loved the one about Boomer.. he is such a sweet dog... he is so gentle and quiet... so cute. By the way how did he like the rocking horse? I hope better than the dragon? LOved the furniture selection...


Love
Mamma G

Kris said...

Ha Mamma G-- The Rocking Horse is a much bigger hit than the dragon. Boomer is totally cool with Mr Horse-- although, we haven't made it move in front of him yet....baby steps. That pup is so skiddish!