Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Patience is a Virtue that I better start developing

So, as I round out the last part of Trimester #1, a thought has occured to me: It only takes 9 (or 10) months to create a living being. That's kinda amazing. Scrath that-- its incredible. In the grand scheme of things, its not much time at all. To think that brain, lungs, heart, bones, and about 50 other essential organs develop that quickly is quite a lot to accomplish in 9 months from start to finish.

Now, that's the "grand scheme." The view from much closer to the situation (as in carrying it) is slightly different. I want to meet Little B now. I don't want to wait. I haven't even felt Little B move yet (that happens at about 16-20 weeks according to the 18 books I'm currenly reading) and I'm already to meet him/her.

In fact, this is what I did first thing when I woke up. I ran to my laptop to check the date of Thanksgiving, 2008 online. Why? Becuase I thought that maybe it would be early again this year (like on 11/20) and that would mean my due date would be the day before and so I might be able to "suggest" to my doctor that I woudn't feel good about having to interrupt his big turkey dinner on Turkey Day and therefore, maybe we should consider options to make sure baby arrives before then. Crazy? Maybe, but I've always been eager. And now that I'm preggers, I'm taking my eagerness to a whole new level. Rest assured though, Thanksgiving is on 11/27 this year. So all that my research has ensured is that I probably won't go more than 6 days past my due date. Still that's cool. Truly, I'm not selfish--- and I know that baby will arrive when baby is ready. I'm just excited and that's a great thing.

Afterall, parenting is all about patience (from what I've been told and from what I've seen in parenting relationships around me). So, its about time I learned some patience skills. Guess that's why there's 2 more trimesters ahead. At least we're wrapping up the longest one (the first trimester is 14 weeks-- the rest are 12). One down, two to go :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got news for you kiddo...no matter how patient you will try to be, in the end you're gonna loose it.

Kove ya, Momma Jo