Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm Giving Courious George a Run for his Bananas

First things first, the fog is lifting...I think so at least. I'm feeling much more alert during the day and not craving the 2 hour nap I haven't been able to take in the afternoon so much. Literally, there were days when I must have resembled a walking zombie at about 2:30 in the afternoon. But (finally), I'm feeling more alert and energized. Yay. This is grounds for big time celebration. Now if the occasional sickness would also decide to follow "exhaustion's" fine example of exiting for awhile, that'd be great.

This is really getting to be fun. I'm feeling more like myself in terms of how I act and its nice to have the old me back...not that I didn't like the foggy version of myself, but this is much better. Everytime I talk about Little B I feel like I light up on the inside (and probably on the outside too). Somehow being in the 2nd trimester makes everything a bit more real.

I'm so curious to know what's going on inside, which is why I think I had to publicly declare that we weren't going to find out if we're having a girl or a boy. It validated what we've been saying to ourselves. Help me stay strong--- b/c I'm super curious. I can see myself being "that girl" who sifts through her medical chart before the doctor pops in the room. I can totally see me doing that-- and can completly emphathize with anyone who has done this. But strong I will stay...or at least I'll warn the nurse to leave my chart out of my reach so it can't tempt me :) I am getting very familiar with how Curious George feels on a daily basis.

Curious George (Jacob Shaw) 5/26/08

No comments: