Monday, May 12, 2008

A Beat & A Peek

Today we got to take a look, and a listen to the happenings inside "Hotel W," which is what I affectionately call my uterus (W stands for Womb-- how creative is that?).

I'll sum it up right away by saying it was a GREAT day.

First, the PEEK...

13 wk altrasound 1
Little B's head is to the left, and he/she is laying on his/her back. On the face, there's the outline of a very cute nose and mouth (and I am convinced that there's a smile there too). On the actual screen we could see the tiny fist that was up by Little B's face and the feet at the other end, with tiny little bent legs. Its a little harder to see on the printout, but we were able to see it today. The white line from head to rump is baby's spine, which looks to be developing quite nicely.
It might not look like a whole lot, but on the screen it was way cool...complete with the blinking heartbeat. I could watch that for hours upon hours.
Next was the BEAT....
We heard the heartbeat! Funny story...Little B was wide awake this morning at our appointments. In fact, my doctor laughed as we'd hear the beat for 10 seconds, and then it would quickly go away as the baby "went for a swim." Then it'd come back again. The beat was strong and fast. I'll never get tired of that sound either :)
The smile on Mike's face was priceless. I'm sure he'd say the same thing about mine.
Needless to say, we're pretty happy....giddy. I'm amazed at how much growing has been going on. In our last ultrasound, about 6 weeks ago, Little B looked like a "little blob." I'm very happy to see Little B looking like a "little baby"....which is what this name stands for and what we saw today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mamma Mia. That is my grandbaby. My little baby to be endlessely hugged and loved and be told no only if he wants my chocolate... kidding, it will be shared. I can tell that he is taking a spring snooze and maybe staring at stars. I am sure he cant wait to do some serious kicking....... okay Little B, get ready for MY pictures okay???
Love you
Nonna G.
p.s. yes i love you too Michael and Kris