Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mums Day 2008


I'll tell ya, Mothers Day is a little bit different this year...mostly b/c there's this Little B swimming around in my belly. My mom sent me the cutest "Mother-To-Be on Mother's Day" card. It was quite sweet. And I got my first Mothers Day plant....very nice as well. And then close friends and family kept saying "Happy Mothers Day" to me. This is all new to me--- very welcome--but a brand new experience.

Personally, I don't 100% consider myself to truly be a mom until there's a baby....and we're still in production with this one ;) But such comments also made me feel really great. I guess this past Sunday is a perfect example of "Mothers Day in Transition."

I always look at this holiday as a time to sit back and realize (yet again) how incredibly lucky I am in the Mums department. Simply stated, I hit the jackpot with my mom. And the family that surrounds us....Jackpot as well.

So, in honor of the day...I thought I'd share this:
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was very happy to share the "MUMMY day" with you... Kris...
Love
Mamma G