Monday, May 5, 2008

Donde es la bump??

In the spirit of Cinco de Mayo, I thought it'd be clever to use a somewhat Spanish title for today's post. That's "Where is the bump" for those of us who didn't do so hot in Spanish class (myself included). Since margaritas and cervesas aren't in my plans for today or the next several months, I thought I'd try to be festive this way. Its my little way of saying "Happy Cinco de Mayo"

Its a funny phenomenon: My regular dress pants are not comfortable anymore...its like I came back from my trip and "no mas" for some of my work clothes. Although, I don't feel like I'm showing either. So odd. If I'm gonna feel bloated, I wanna see a bump. Otherwise it just looks like I spend my evenings with my head emerged in HaaganDaz, followed by a pint of Graeters Rasberry Chip, topped off with a double scoop of Handels homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream. Coincidentall, I'm not consuming any of the above--- it just looks like I am.

The great news is that I have larger sizes of dress pants that I can use before taking the plunge into maternity wear. We'll see. I'm just looking forward to the day when I look like I'm carrying a baby, not 14 pints of ice cream.

Oh, and by the way, I now totallly understand why TomKat purchased an ultrasound system for their home when Katie was preggers. Before now, I didn't get it, but know, I am totally on board. I just want to see the Little B. Waiting 6 (or more) weeks between ultrasounds is just plain tough! Our next appointment is Monday, May 12 and I can't wait. This is the appointment when we're hear the heartbeat and they'll to a rather throrough ultrasound. Hope I get pictures :)


bump

No comments: