Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekend in Columbus

Despite the fact that I wasn't feeling all that hot on Friday, we did manage to make it down to Columbus as scheduled....and I'm glad we did, as it was great to see everyone. Mike went down on Friday night (I insisted) and I stayed home (more specifically, I went to sleep at 8pm on Friday). Then, on Saturday, feeling a lot better, I headed down to Mike's brother's place in the morning with Boomer.

Kevin organized a nice tailgate-- it was a lot of fun. We hung out with Kevin & Michelle, Mike's Dad & Chris, and a bunch of Kevin's friends. What was really cool was that my brother and Calvin were also able to stop on by for a bit. The food was great, as was the weather, and of course the company. Believe it or not, it actually felt a little hot for a college football Saturday, but who can complain with a sky so clear? Not me.

A long time ago, when we were planning this weekend, Mike & I decided that I shouldn't get a ticket for the game-- as it would be too much. And turns out, that was a good decision. So, I was able to hang out with everyone and then have the flexibility to take a nap if I needed to. After the tailgate, I did get to spend sometime with my friend, Carrie, which was just great. Then my "after game festivities" involved me & Boomer snug as bugs in rugs on the couch. It was a great day.

I had the best intentions of taking a bunch of photos. I even put the camera in the car the night before I left to make sure my "baby brain" didn't preclude me from doing this. It wasn't until the way home from spending time with Carrie @ Easton when I realized that I never took the camera out of the glove box. Geez!
However, I do have one little photo-- and its pretty cool. Mike's Dad & Chris gave us a pretty cute gift for Little B...and very appropriate for a Buckeyes tailgate. Its a lightweight OSU Buckeyes stroller. We love it! How fun!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a cute stroller!!! Way to go Bob!!! guess that means there is no need for the Oriole version...Daddy will be heart-broken. Just kidding.

Kris said...

Don't worry-- we can always dress Little B up in one of the many cute Orioles outfits and put him/her in this stroller. Then, we'll strap a Bengals hat on him, with Ohio U socks, maybe a Terps bib, then we'll string some buckeyes on baby as well-- boy, this child is gonna have a lot to root for :) And that's a wonderful thing :)