We all know Boom, our dog, is very cuddly. He loves being under a blanket and/or laying very close to people just as much as he likes steak bones. That’s nothing new, but some of his behaviors suggest his need to feel even closer to us. In many ways he’s gotten to be even cuter and cuddlier as of late. There is no “scientific evidence” that dogs or other pets can tell someone is pregnant, but I will say that I notice some subtle differences.For example, if I laid down on my side, his favorite way to lie with me was behind my knees in a reverse “C” position. Well, lately, he’s been doing something a little different. When I lie on the couch, he’s all about laying right in front of my belly. Forget the fact that we both don’t really fit—he doesn’t care. That’s where he wants to be—and he’ll work hard to fit into this coveted space in front of me. He does the same thing now at night. He’ll start out at the bottom of the bed. I’ll be sleeping on my side using a body pillow and every morning I wake up (or during the 8 times I wake up in the middle of the night to pee), there’s Boom….head on my pillow, nestled between my belly and the body pillow. Its unreal.
Its not like he’s being protective, because he’s not showing any of those behaviors, but he is wanting to be closer than he has been in the past. He’s just being a little more “clingy” than he typically has been. Every now and then he’ll paw at me as if he’s trying to communicate something (like, “Hey lady, its time to go on a diet. I don’t know what you’ve got going on there, but am I the only one around here noticing that your belly is huge?”)
I wonder if he does know that something’s going on? I jumped online to see if I could find some info on pets sensing pregnancy--- here’s what I found: Happy Reading

1 comment:
Carrie K's prediction:
11/9...a girl...7 lbs 2 oz...21 inches long
Post a Comment