In the past two weekends, we've been able to see just about all of our immediate family and close friends who reside out of town. Pretty amazing, huh? It would have been nice to be able to do one more trip out East (to see Mike's brother Danny in NYC & some of my family in Maryland/PA/Virginia), but we weren't able to squeeze it in. The good news is that we'll be able to see those we missed at some point during the holidays-- and that's spectacular. And this website will help those near and far who want to stay updated do so as much as possible.
As we drove back up I-71 last night (we ended up staying at Kev & Collette's until 9:30 cause we were having so much fun hanging out), we both had a similar thought: There's a real chance that the next time we see everyone we've been able to visit in the past few weeks, we'll be parents. My oh my. I know, this comment may seem a little dramatic-- know that I don't mean it to be-- but it is true. It really did put everything into perspective for us....and the perspective is a good one. We can't wait.
So, now we're back in NE Ohio with no weekend travel plans until Christmas. This is a big change for us, as we're typically pretty "on the go" with our weekends. Mike has a good outlook on this, saying that we're doing a little "hibernation" for awhile. It'll be nice having time at home (as well as visitors later on).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's funny, I just said something similar to J last night. "I wonder if we'll see them again before they are parents?" Unbelievable!! Ofcourse I followed it up with, "And you are taking us out of the country!!!" Just doesn't seem right. Our kids should grow up together just like Mike and J.
-Amy
Amy- You make me smile! I wonder if we were having the same thought at the same time. The friendship J & Mike have is a special one (as is ours :)-- and no silly "pond" is gonna stop our kids from having something similiar, darnit :)
You guys mean way too much to us. We'll be making a trip over to visit and will count down the days until you're back in Cleveland :)
Post a Comment