Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Coveted Home Stretch

Its funny-- I'm full of totally contradicting emotions right now, but I assure you they are all good.

Part of me is going to miss "my little buddy" who makes these crazy movements in my belly all the time. There's something really cool and different about the relationship I feel I have with this little one. Everytime Little B moves in some way...even if its a motion that wakes me up in the middle of the night...I feel myself smile a little bit. Even though I'm a bit sleep deprived, I find myself waking up an extra 20 minutes earlier than I neccessary so I can let the pup out, get something to drink and then jump back in bed to see if Little B is awake and moving. Usually she/he will do some sort of wiggle as I lie there getting ready to greet the day. Seriously, its the most enjoyable "snooze button" ever. I'm going to miss this on some level.

On the other hand, I just cant wait to meet this child. How wonderful will it be to finally meet a person that you sort of bond with whiole pregnant. From this standpoint, I just cannot wait for the D Day (Delivery Day) to arrive. I just cant wait. So part of me is like "get here already...hurry up." Meanwhile the other part of me is rooting for Little B to take his or her good 'ol time so that they are really ready physically to arrive. Like I said, conflicting feelings, but all of the very good variety.

We were at our last Infant Care Clase last night and the instructer said something that really registered with me: "Once this baby arrives, you will always have this new person on your mind in some way." Its not that I didn't realize that, but her comment just really put everything firmly into perspective. She's really right.

No comments: