Friday, October 24, 2008

Little B is on his/her Best Behavior

Maybe, just maybe, we have an obedient child coming our way. Yes, I know this is a comical statement (as well as a pipe dream), but I'm goin with it. I asked Little B to figure out which way is out, and he/she did. They did an ultrasound and Little B is doing a headstand like we want him/her to. Our hunch about the hiccups being lower was right-- and confirmed. We also got to see the little peapod...that looks quite large on the ultrasound. Its amazing. The last time we had an ultrasound, we could see the whole baby all at once. On this one, we could only see a certain body part at a time. And the doc was very careful to stay above the belt-- no peeking to see if its a he or a she.

Anyway, this is great news and means that there's a good chance Little B can enter the world naturally, instead of through surgery that would require me to be completely under. Not to be territorial, but it would have been a bummer if I didn't get to meet Little B until an hour or two after he/she were born as would have been the case if we did need to schedule surgery. It wouldn't have been a traditional C-Section...so I'm relieved in a big way.

In more good news, I was telling someone yesterday that there was so much to do at work that I really needed Little B to not be early--- but rather to wait until he/she was good and ready (Interpretation: Anytime after 11/15 would be perfect). As if the baby is going to work around MY schedule...ha! Again, I know that my schedule holds absolutely no significance once the baby decides to arrive-- its all about them. Anyway, I joke. But, in my exam today, it looks like I'm not showing signs of early labor. As the doctor put it "Baby's pretty locked up in there-- no signs of the door opening super soon." And that's just fine with me (I say this now. Ask me again in a couple of weeks when my stomach has been pushed up into my throat). I told Collette, and she coined the situation perfectly: "So, we've got a slow cooker in there :). In all seriousness, I don't want the baby arriving sooner than he/she wants to. Its about when Little B feels ready-- unless of course Little B has gone a week or two past his/her expected arrival date-- then its all about me and my time table. Kidding!

Then, our doctor went through his "call me when any of these happen" conversation. And then he said to stay as active as I want to be-- that the more active I am, the more likely the baby will arrive on time. So, the Nester is still allowed to Nest. Look out closets, rooms, anyplace stuff can be organized and strored....I'm coming your way.

I just have to rave about our doctor a little.... and thank Sharon for letting me know about him. He's so nice-- with one of the best personalities I've seen in a doctor-- we're really lucky. He said "There's no reason to be a martyr, so if something doesn't feel right or you're in a bunch of pain, just call us. That's our job." As for future appointments, I'm now on the "see you every week" plan. I'm sure there are a lot of great OB/GYNs out there (I had a great one in Cincinnati with Dr Lum), but if someone needs one in NEOhio....let me know and I'll give you Dr Peskin's information. He's just great. And as Sharon says, "you haven't even seen him in action on the big day--- that's when he's most impressive."

As for predictions-- it might be fun to start some. When will the baby arrive? What will Little B weigh? How long will Little B be? Oh, and the other important one-- is Little B a boy or a girl? Start posting your guesses in the comments. I'll consolidate them and group them in a future post. Then we'll see who was closest-- they get to change the first diaper. Kidding. I'll find a fun prize.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess's are...
Nov.15th, 7 lbs 15 oz, 20 in.
A boy!

-Amy

Anonymous said...

Yo..Yo..Yo..Yo
November 10th, 7lbs 12oz, 22 in.
A boy
Giddeeee up.

Jason

Anonymous said...

Nov 17th
7 lbs 12 oz
21 and 1/2 in
BOY!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Little B.
Nonna Gianna says :

a boy
7.8 oz. 21 inches
November 11

Kris said...

Mike's Prediction:
Little B will be born on NOV 17th @ 10:13am, weighing 7 lbs, 6 oz and 21 inches long.

Kris's Prediction:
Little B will be born on NOV 18th at 7:18 pm, weighing 7lbs 3 oz and being 20.5 inches long

We've decided that neither one of us is going to make a prediction on whether Little B is a girl or boy....we just don't want it to appear as if we're pulling for one or the other. It'll be a great surprise either way :)

Anonymous said...

Brads guess's are...
Nov 15, 7lbs 5oz, 20.5 in
A boy!

Amy's guess's are...
Nov 14, 7lbs 6 oz. 20in
A girl!