Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tomorrow's Milestone

Tomorrow will be 37 Weeks for Little B...technically, once babies reach the 37 week milestone and are at least 5 1/2 lbs, they are considered full term. So, from this point on, if it looked like I was in actual labor, medical staff most likely won't try to stop the process. In most cases, its safe to deliver once the baby is full term, even though we're just fine with Little B waiting the next 3 weeks or so to make his/her grand entrance. Hence why we're staying nearby and not doing anymore roadtrips.

As for Little B, he or she is gaining about half an ounce a day--- and I can tell as space becomes more and more compact. For those of you who've been saying that my belly is small, I assure you that its getting bigger at a rapid pace. An average baby at this age are about 6 to 6 1/2 lbs and about 19 inches long.

As for me, those Braxton Hicks (fake) contractions are coming more often now. I've had them periodically for a couple of months now. What's changing is their frequency and to some extent, their intensity.

We'll know more about how Little B is progressing on Friday when we have an ultrasound and see Dr Peskin. We're hoping to see Little B in the right position (or as the doctor says, "we'll be hoping that the little kid figures out which way is out"). Wish us luck! Not that there's anything Mike or I can do to affect Friday's ultrasound and what position Little B is in, but positive thoughts can never hurt :)

No comments: