Yes-- 35 weeks it is. Kinda speechless....we're getting close, meaning that all the emotions are growing, as is the excitement. I just wanna meet this little person.
I've found some new cool websites (I'll add them to the list to the left in a bit)...that talk candidly about what goes on during each week of pregnancy. One in particular makes me laugh out loud.
Here are some fun facts about what's happening inside Hotel W @ 35 Weeks....from 3DPregnancy.parentsconnect.com (I love their hilarious take on things)
- By now, Little B has pretty much taken over my belly. Pretty much all of my organs that used to call my belly home are now flattened and mildly displaced. What's amazing is that in the final weeks, Little B's toes could actually rub up against my heart--- quite literally mind you. Wow. Who knew?
-In laymen's terms Hotel W is now the size of a watermelon. Got that one loud and clear. Lets just say, when Little B first checked into Hotel W, it was the size of a closet in a NYC studio apartment. Now, we've moved on up to a "Delux Apartment in the Sky"
- We're putting the final touches on the masterpiece we call Little B...as he/she continues to put on pounds, her/his movements become more like wiggles, rolls & mini-jabs....not the knockout punches and kicks from earlier weeks. Thats nice. I'll also say that Little B is awake a whole lot more than he/she used to be. There are times when the baby makes my belly giggle more than Jello.
- Little B's liver is also beginning to function as it will shen he/she makes her grand entrance. So that's kinda cool. And his/her toenails are growing by leaps and bounds-- in fact, they say that many newborns need them cut right way. Wow. Must be all that milk I'm drinking.
- As for size, Little B should weigh between 5 and 5 1/2 lbs...and be about 18 inches long (if he/she could stretch, she/he'd measure about as long as one of those half sheet cakes).
Oh, and their really frank (but very good) advise about how to mentally prepare for birth..."Stop thinking about the 'OUCH' and start thinking about the 'OOOOOH of meeting your baby for the first time." Thanks-- I kinda like that logic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great advise there at the end...birth pain is one of the quickest pain memories to forget. And the joy is overwhelming. Beef up Baby B.
Post a Comment