Happy Halloween. This year I'm going to stuff a pumpkin in my belly and pretend to be pregnant-- oops, got that all wrong, I'm going to be way pregnant with a belly the size of a pumpkin. HA! We are going to a costume party tomorrow night...not sure exactly what I'll be wearing, but I'm sure photos will be involved and we'll upload them.Speaking of photos, check out this one.... Little B's arrival could actually be something Boomer looks forward to. Finally, someone else to dress up once a year. He actually does like the costume (most likely b/c it comes with tons of treats from Mike & I). We seriously aren't big on dressing up Boomer all the time....but this one day, we do. I really think Boomer thinks his pumpkin costume is actually a blanket that he can wear. And we all know how he feels about blankets-- they're a prized posession.
In other news...I had my weekly doctors appointment today-- nothing "scary" or "spooktacular" there. Little B appears to be quite cozy just where she/he is. No changes (at all) since last week's visit. Personally, I kinda say that in this case "no news is boring news." Maybe I really will be the stuffed bird at Thanksgiving. The baby appears to have dropped a little, but even my laid back doctor who I adore, made the comment, "the baby's pretty high still...its gonna be awhile unless you both surprise me." Not the words I was hoping to hear. The good news is that he'll be out of town for 4 days prior to my due date, so Little B staying in place until after he returns would be very nice. Would kinda like him there at the delivery (and by the word, "kinda" I really mean "mandatory attendance required please"). So, this could all be good.
Talk to me in 3 weeks if nothing has "changed" and you may find a very impatient woman ready to take matters into my own hands. Lets hope we don't go there. All of you who guessed later, may just be right. I hate to admit it but you may be on to something. Books say that on average, a person's first child arrives a week after their due date. I was hoping to be "the exception" to that rule.
For now, I happen to be in total agreement with what my favorite niece and god daughter in the whole wide world said a few months ago: "Aunt Kris, that baby's just gotta get here already." Amen, Cam!
In other news...I had my weekly doctors appointment today-- nothing "scary" or "spooktacular" there. Little B appears to be quite cozy just where she/he is. No changes (at all) since last week's visit. Personally, I kinda say that in this case "no news is boring news." Maybe I really will be the stuffed bird at Thanksgiving. The baby appears to have dropped a little, but even my laid back doctor who I adore, made the comment, "the baby's pretty high still...its gonna be awhile unless you both surprise me." Not the words I was hoping to hear. The good news is that he'll be out of town for 4 days prior to my due date, so Little B staying in place until after he returns would be very nice. Would kinda like him there at the delivery (and by the word, "kinda" I really mean "mandatory attendance required please"). So, this could all be good.
Talk to me in 3 weeks if nothing has "changed" and you may find a very impatient woman ready to take matters into my own hands. Lets hope we don't go there. All of you who guessed later, may just be right. I hate to admit it but you may be on to something. Books say that on average, a person's first child arrives a week after their due date. I was hoping to be "the exception" to that rule.
For now, I happen to be in total agreement with what my favorite niece and god daughter in the whole wide world said a few months ago: "Aunt Kris, that baby's just gotta get here already." Amen, Cam!

No comments:
Post a Comment