Friday, November 21, 2008

Chillin at home...literally

I can't possibly understand why Little B doesn't seem to want to make an arrival. I just can't figure it out...

Its just gorgeous outside. True, its 19 degrees out and has been snowing all day, but it looks nice out. And they're only forcasting about a foot of snow in some areas up here today. Did I mention that our hospital is smack-dab in the middle of the snowbelt? So if we have 4 new inches of snow (and I think we already have 6, but who's counting), they probably have at least 10 at Hilcrest. Come on Little B, we can build snow angels if you get here soon. Kidding. Kidding. Baby's future favorite NFL team played last night, so he/she doesn't have to worry about interupting a game later this week. Little B is very considerate, you know.

So, I've made a list of REALLY GOOD REASONS for LITTLE B TO GET HERE:

1) I have these super cute Thanksgiving outfits for you to wear. You'll look adorable.

2) Your cousin Cameron is getting anxious to meet you and doesn't exactly understand why its taking you so long to arrive. She thought you should have arrived about 7 months ago. There are some other family members who are beginning to agree with her...like mommy, daddy, Aunt Lette....grandparents, family, friends.

3) Speaking of your Daddy, he and your Mommy are beginning to get a little bit stir crazy. We've been having a lot of fun around the house, but the weather is preventing us from going out much. Its really nice to have this time together-- we've been watching movies, Hmm, if you started to arrive, that would be the most perfect reason for us to head out of the house for the hospital.

4) Your pet, Boomer, is getting confused. We've been hanging out with him round the clock for the past couple of days, and he's beginning to look at us a little funny. As if to say, "this is nice, but shouldn't you all be working or doing something so that I can continue to get my plethora of bones?" We keep telling him that he's going to have a new friend (and future Pez Dispenser once eating in a high chair) soon. You'll soon learn that the quickest way to this puppy's heart is through his stomache. You're going to be his favorite in no time once you start eating solid foods.

5) We have Christmas presents ready for you...in fact, they are already wrapped. Yes, that's what I did yesterday after I reorganized the pantry. There has never been a time when I've had Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving, let alone have some of it wrapped already.

6) A whole lot of family is about to arrive here next week. And each one of them is very very very eager to meet you. And by the word "very," I mean extremely eager to meet you. There will be many hands to hold you and smiles coming. Knowing both of your grandmothers very well, there will also be an occasional photo taken of you too.

7) I'm about two days away from trying to start a brand new home improvement project. The runner on the steps will be done and fully installed today, and after that, knowing my nesting instincts, I'm abot 48 hours away from the big time impulse to start another one. Lets not go there...because I'm running out of "smaller" projects, meaning that knocking out a wall might be my next urge. For the sake of your future home, which we both happen to like a lot, please get here soon.

8) Have you heard how good Nonna G's turkey, Grandma Jo's apple pie, and Aunt Collette's mac & cheese are? Granted, you won't be eating them, but I would really like to enjoy them at home....not at the hospital. They're really good. And in your case, the aromas of the food are also delightful. Lets try to be home by Turkey Day, okay? If not, its not a biggie, but if I had a preference, it'd be to spend Thanksgiving here at the house.

9) We have toys, books, play mats, bouncey chairs, bassinets, a playyard, rattles, snuggly blankets (Boomer will explain how wonderful blankets are as soon as you get here), rattles, mobiles, stuffed animals, and really cute clothes for you. They're all here and ready for you. Everyone has been so nice with giving such nice gifts-- and they're all for you. Its incredible. You won't appreciate all of them until you get a bit older, but if I were a baby, I'd be pumped looking around this place.

10) The biggest reason for your quick arrival is that we just want to meet you. We want to get to know your face and want you to know us. We want to hold you and see that you are just fine. We want to make silly faces at you. We want to watch you sleep and then watch in awe as you wake up. We want to introduce you to the wonderful people around us, who will be a big part of your world.

So there's the list. Part funny. Part really sincere. When we woke up this morning, Mike said to me, well, we're only 2 days away from Monday....and that means we're really close to meeting you :) That's a great thing. However, if you want to come on your own this weekend, we'd be just fine with your decision!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nonna G called home to Italy today to tell people there how soon you will be coming around. They are all waiting to hear the big news... Great Uncle Massimo will be ordained deacon tomorrow, saturday Nov.22nd, a big day for him... he said he would have liked to be able to baptize you... but he cant... so he sends his love and blessings...
And quietly, VERY quietly, dont tell your mom... i am secretely really glad that you made it to the Sagittarius sign... such adventourous people belong to the sign :):):)
But now, it's okay. Anytime.
love u
Nonna Giovanna Ida Maria Romanelli

Anonymous said...

Great Pop and Grandma are also awaiting the good news. Your Grandma just showed me how to write a message to you. Guess my thoughs are for you to make everyone happy and keep well and strong. Arrive at your convenience but hurry. We all want to love you and see your smiling face.

Kris said...

What sweet messages-- thanks so much ladies! We'll see what Monday brings :)

Grandma- Thanks for checking in- I'm so glad to see you here. We'll be out for an extended period of time in early January so that we can spend some great quality time with you and Pop (and the rest of the family) after New Years. Can't wait!

Mamma G- I'm all for the Sagitarious....after all I'm a Capricorn with a Sagitarius cusp--- and its quite a fun mix. See you soon. Safe travels up :)