So, off to the mall we went. First, we grabbed lunch. Then we walked around and did some Christmas shopping...just like last weekend. We even got some funny phone calls while stolling through the mall. The funniest one was from Collette & Calvin. I had just spoken to Kev & Cameron, who were on their way to a birthday party and thanks us for "cooperating" with their plans so they could go see one of Kev's longtime friends whose daughter was having a bday party. Then, Collette & Calvin called....and they told me to put the phone on my belly. I laughed and told Calvin that I was playing along. Then he screamed into the phone "BABY, WAKE UP!!!" Hilarious.
We also spoke with my mom and Mike's mom, letting them know that nothing particularly interesting seemed to be happening today. But that's okay. I can feel that progress is being made and see the light at the end of the tunnel. If I do make it to my next doctor's appointment, it will be on Wednesday. At this point, because I've made "serious progress" (his words, not mine)in the past week, they plan on beginning with some minimal levels of medication that should help progress the labor process. Then, later that day, they'd send us to the hospital for an anticipated delivery sometime on Thursday. So, although he thinks he'll see me before Wed's appointment, I can see the light if Little B decides to lolly gag :)
While walking around, I did have contractions that were coming about 11 minutes apart for about 45 minutes, so we began to think "hmmmmm." But then they stopped. Still, with every one of those things, Little B apparently makes headway. So as long as they are happening, I'm a happy camper (not neccessarily a comfortable camper, but a happy on all the less).
After the mall, we went to the Sprint Store (Mike's phone needed and service upgrade) and then picked up the conversion kit and bed rails for our crib. We obviously won't need those for awhile, but they were backordered when we purchased the set and recently arrived, so we thought we'd pick them up since we were nearby.
I'm about ready to take a nap. Its a bit dreary and yucko out, so its the perfect day to lay low for a bit....especially after 4 1/2 hours of running around. Then, later tonight, we're meeting our friends, Amy & Brad for dinner at a Thai restaurant. I'm going for extra spicey! :) It'll be nice to spend time with them. That's our day. I don't think we'll be ending up at Hillcrest Hospital tonight, but who knows. I'm just happy that the discussions about me being the stuffed bird at Thanksgiving have ceased. I'll save that for the turkey.

No comments:
Post a Comment