Enough with the figurative speech....what I'm saying is that there was absolutely no change since my last appointment. Nothing. Not a single physical thing. Nada. Nil. Zilch. Zero. Zip. (see where I'm going with this??? :) The only thing that has changed is my level of feeling uncomfortable and the frequency of nights that I spend awake for long durations because I can't get comfortable. Both of those factors have increased. For example, last night I was up from 2:50a til about 5a. Nice. Then, I'm supposed to try to function at work on not much sleep at all. Ugh. I'm now officially crabby.
Meanwhile, the good kind of changes-- the ones that suggest that Little B might arrive sometime soon, they're all on pause. In fact, my next doctor's appointment isn't even scheduled until the day AFTER my due date. Bummer. Keep in mind though that this is b/c Dr Peskin will be out of town until next Wed, so on one hand this is good news. But, well, its just that I'm at the point now when I'm sick of waiting. I was hoping for just a little progress.
But, its totally out of my control. Little B will do as he/she wants to do....at least while in Hotel W. And if that means she/he wants to hang out in Hotel W for longer than I'd personally like, well, that's what'll happen. I have a sinking feeling that I am going to be the "Stuffed Bird @ Thanksgiving." They really don't want to do anything to artificially induce me if they can avoid it b/c of my history, so, we're pretty much on Little B's time table (or the C-Section route, which I don't want to even think about...so we're not going to unless we have to)
Okay, I vented. Time to focus on the positives-- Baby is doing fine. Heartbeat is good. They're in the right position-- another positive. And, I was looking forward to a quiet Thanksgiving...which I may just get in the hospital. We'll figure it out as we go :)

3 comments:
Hang in there Kris, it will be so worth it when you hold your little one for the first time! Call if you need anything or someone to vent too!
-Jenn
And elephants carry their babies for TWO (2) YEARS!! Be glad you don't have big ears and a trunk.
Today's vent was good...good for you and good reading for us.
Love ya,
Thanks Jenn-- and Mom, that's hilarious...so much that it inspired my next writing topic....Dumbo's poor mom!!!
Post a Comment