Turns out I was having some "possibly not fake like I thought" contractions. In fact, they decided to have me stick around to "watch" me because during my appt, my doctor noticed that there was definitely some contracting going on. I had four actual contractions in a litle over an hour. See, I've been callling these Braxton Hicks contractions because they really haven't hurt like I thought contractions would hurt. Everyone tells me "you'll know when you're in labor" etc. Anyway, I told him that I felt "cramping" during them, but not "all out pain that I'd expect to feel." He said that as they progress, they'll hurt more, but they are showing to be happening on somewhat of a regular basis, so these aren't fake ones-- I may just have a decent threshold for pain (so he says). Just wait til I wig out when in delivery and he sees what a whimp I really am!
Anyway, I have showed changes since my last visit. Thank G-D! Altough I'm not dilating, I'm making significant progress in other physical ways (not going into details-- just take my and my doc's word for it). He said the dilating part they can work on....its the other things that are happening that matter for Little B to get here. And they're in the works.
He said we're aren't far away at all. He also said he "didn't want to jinx me, so told me to go ahead and schedule an appointment for Wed, but that he fully expects to see me before then"...and that's a direct quote. AMEN! We then went through the "call me when" list...with one slight deviation: "if those 'fake contractions' that you think you're having start to come every 8 minutes with or without the pain level you think you should be experiencing, you call me. I don't want to put your husband through uneccessary stress. And a bit of advice, tell him to make sure he gasses up the car on the way home from work-- you'd be surprised the conversations that occur in L&D rooms when that doesn't happen."
So, we'll see. I'm just so glad that I didn't hear the same "not seeing any changes" message again this week-- in fact, the news was much different. We actually seem to be making big progress. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:
Kris, I just wanted to tell you that when I read this last post, I 1. almost started crying
2. got SUPER Exiceted when I saw the "Finally!" becuase I thought Little B was here.
3. I got the chills because I am so happy for you!
You are going to be such a wonderful mom and I can't say it enough how happy I am for both you and Mike :)
I can't wait for this week and for Wednesday!!!
-Jill
Jill- You're the sweetest. If it makes you feel better, you aren't the only one who's gotten teary eyed today. I thought the hormonal overflow was supposed to happen after the baby got here. Seems like its arriving early for me. Mike & I were listening to a song on teh way home from dinner-- granted, it was a sweet Beatles song-- but it made me totally tear up. So much that we were both laughing at the situation. Mike said, "Geez, you must really like the White Album, huh?" Guess I do (and maybe my hormones on on level deaf-con five status) Ha! I'll be sure to get you the news once baby gets here.
Take Care,
Kris
Post a Comment