Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Big Vote....

Awhile ago, Nonna G (Mike's Mom) mentioned something in an email about the significance of today, Election Day. She said "by the time the Little B is born, we'll have done something amazing as a country. Either we will have elected the first African American to be president or the first female to be Vice President." This is so true, and in many ways, no matter what happens as the last ballot gets counted, this is truly monumental and significant. I'm proud to be a citizen of a country that is about to do one of these two things--- "we've come a long way, baby."

I don't want to make this post about my personal political views. Those of you close to me know where I stand as we've had conversations about it and that's that. I don't want this site to be a place of political debate, but would rather choose to focus on how fortunate we are to be in a country where we have the right to vote, as many people thoughout the years have faught, both physically and intellectually, for us to have it. I'm proud of everyone who has chosen to have their own voice be heard today by voting. We'll see how it turns out.

Moving on from national news to personal baby news...
Tomorrow is my next weekly doctors appointment. Last week, when discussing how the baby was progressing in terms of "decent," Dr Peskin said "Baby is locked in there pretty well....I'll be seeing you next week for sure." I then replied "How locked? Are we saying there's a door that has a deadbolt lock, a padlock, a good security code on it?" And his response was "Pretty much all of the above, but that's good...remember you were concerned about this baby coming while I was out of town? Well, I don't think you have to worry about that." So, yes, that was reassuring in the short term. The reason my appointment is tomorrow is because he's out of town from Thursday-Monday and he wanted to check me out before he left....just in case. But, I'm not feeling much different than I did last week. Except for a bigger belly, more bathroom breaks, and the emergence of a little penguin waddle...I don't feel any different. Maybe Little B will surprise us.

Vote Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Little B,

well yes you will certainly remember WHO was the president when you were born..... I also believe that just as you are a miracle baby, so will the times coming up.... this is a great country you are going to be born into...
Love you
Nonna Gianna
November 4th, 2008